How to Apply
In the Program Information section of the application, you must first select the "3-Week College Intensive" option, then choose "Caminos Al Futuro" from the options under course choices. The $50 fee will be waived for all Caminos al Futuro applicants.
Go to the Application Homepage and create an account to begin a new application. On the application, fill in the fields with this information:
- What type of program are you applying to?: Non-Degree
- School: Summer & Non-Degree Programs
- Field of Study: Pre-College
- Degree: Non-Degree
- Concentration: Not Applicable
- Term: Summer 2023
The application will lead you through all sections, which include:
- Personal information and session/program selection
- Educational information, including an academic transcript (please include fall term grades)
- Three (3) short essay responses (additionally, we ask that you incorporate any personal information, such as financial need or if you are the first in your family to attend college, in your essays if you wish for it to be considered in your application). Examples from past years include:
- At the Cisneros Hispanic Leadership Institute, we believe that leadership takes many forms: service, advocacy, involvement in student organizations, etc. How have you demonstrated commitment to the Hispanic/Latinx community as a leader? What inspires you to lead? (400 words maximum)
- Caminos al Futuro means "paths to the future." How do you imagine your path through the next 5 years? Where do you see it heading toward or what stops are along the way? What kinds of obstacles might you encounter on it? Is there something particularly important that you bring with you on your path? (400 words max)
- What do you hope to gain from Caminos al Futuro? (250 words max)
- Recommendation from teacher or guidance counselor (you will need to enter their name, email and organization/institution)
Applications will be reviewed beginning March 5, 2023. Space is limited.
Once your application has been reviewed, you will receive an email informing you of the decision.
For questions about the application process, contact Summer & Non-Degree Programs.
For all other questions, send an email to [email protected].